Monday, January 12, 2009

Home . . . is where the heart is?!?!?

If it’s true that home is where the heart is, then I have a lot of homes. My heart isn’t just in Seattle anymore; a huge part of it is definitely in Nigeria. Although I have really enjoyed my time at home so far, especially the time I have been able to spend with my family and friends I really miss my family and friends in Nigeria. I spent a few hours sorting through photos today, trying to pick out which ones I am going to print and boy that is a challenging task. I love all of my photos, because each photo is so much more than a photo to me, it is a memory of someone and some place that I deeply love.


“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where they can be eaten by moths and get rusty, and where thieves break in a steal. Store your treasures in Heaven, where they will never become moth-eaten or rusty and where they will be safe from thieves. Wherever your treasure is, there you heart and thoughts will also be.”
– Matthew 6:19-21












































6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love the pics...the kids are so adorable. :)

Shannon said...

Oh Jamie, these pictures are perfect and I totally know what you mean about how every photo is so much more than a photo and how your heart is spread all over the world in all these special places with all these special people.

sigh...

Erin said...

Yeah! Love the pics :)

Amy said...

Are the kids doing "mute moose" in one of those pictures?!? :)

Wow, what beautiful children, Jamie. Your love for them inspires me.

The Day In the Life of Mom said...

Hi Honey,

Your comments are so heart felt and so God felt and your photos are so telling. Amazing! I can see through your eye, what you have lived through the last 6 mos. Thank you for the photos!

Mom

Goss from Jos said...

Hey Jamie
Cool pics, and totally know what you mean about home is where your heart is i miss everyone sooo much! Good on ya for keeping your blog up, sannuda aike!
Love ruth