Monday, August 4, 2008

Teaching in Action

"Jesus knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God. So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel he had around him. . . . After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and asked, 'Do you understand what I was doing? You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and you are right, because it is true. And since I, the Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. How true it is that a servant is not greater than the master. Nor are messengers more important than the one who sends them. You know these things-now down them! That is the path of blessing."
- John 13:3-5; 12-17


Today over 100 children at our Gyero Care Center, had their feet washed, were prayed for and received a new pair of socks and shoes. Our short-term team from North Carolina teamed up with a non-profit group called Samartian's Feet, to bring shoes to all of our kids! What a huge blessing! Samartian's Feet (http://www.samaritansfeet.org/) was created by a Nigerian man who came to know Christ after a missionary gave him a pair of shoes. He now travels around the World bringing shoes and the gift of Christ to children.


Words cannot describe the joy of praying over a child and watching their face light up when they put their new shoes and socks on! The dances, laughter, smiles and hugs are something that you can only experience first hand. Instead of writing a long blog tonight, I will post many pictures that I think better describe what happened today in Gyero. Praise the Lord!







































"Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me."

-Psalm 51:10

2 comments:

Anne Higbee-Owens: said...

Jamie, How powerful is God? The picures say one thousand words. I wish I could be there with you. (And I thoght I was doing a good work!)

Ilove you!
Mom :)

9ja's OT said...

i am so mooved by the pictures. i think i am going to gather shoes and do my best to help them. i just went to the site ans would do my best to be helpful