Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thankfulness In Africa

Some more thoughts for this evening . . .

Today the girls received a TV and DVD for their parlor. I have never before seen 16 happier girls in my entire life! When Elisha began setting it all up they were singing and dancing so loudly that the boys from the other compound wandered in wondering what all the noise was about! It was so adorable.

The TV and DVD player were donated to the girls by someone in America. I wish that the person who donated the money could have been in Gyero today to see the response of these girls, it was amazing. What a good reminder that a little can go such a long way. What a good reminder of how important the body of Christ is. Someone so far away has made a lasting impact in these little girls for a long time.

It was also a good reminder to me that I should be that thankful each morning for the day God has given me. I am constantly being reminded to have a more thankful heart. Last night during family group we made a list of the things we were thankful for. What a good exercise to do . . . It was encouraging to see that more than half of the things on the list that the girls came up with were people in their lives. We are all such a gift to each other.

This morning during devotionals we talked about being a missionary, and how we don't have to go across the World to share the love of Christ. How true it is. We are simply called to follow where God calls us, whether that is Nigeria or your next door neighbor. I love that. The Nigerian staff that I get to work with each day are some of the best missionaries I have ever met in my life, and they didn't move across the World.

We also talked about how everyone shares the love of Christ differently. Such an encouragement to me. The way I share Christ is differently than the way you share Christ and no way is better than any other way. Each way is just different. Romans 12!! :)

Last night we read part of Psalm 118. I was spending a great deal of time reading that Psalm before I arrived here and I just love it, so I thought I would share it with you! :)

Just a few thoughts for the evening . . .

No comments: